This is a bug fix and major feature release (database changes required).
The major new feature is that you can choose sample records to copy to the Limesurvey participant table on case creation.
Bugs fixed include not being able to completely delete a sample, and the case status page incorrectly reporting the time when some cases would be available.
Other new features (ported from the 1.x branch) include a speedier sample search page (especially for large samples) , and allowing the selection of a default outcome when generating cases at the assign sample page.
Read on for more details including how to upgrade from queXS 2.0.x (Database changes required)
Upgrading from queXS 2.0.x
- Browse to the queXS administration page
- Click on "Start and monitor system wide case sorting"
- Confirm that the sorting process is stopped
- Click on "Start and monitor VoIP"
- Confirm that the VoIP process is stopped
- IMPORTANT: Backup your database and files
- Run the following on your queXS database:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `remote_sample_var` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`var_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL,
`questionnaire_id` bigint(20) NOT NULL,
`field` text COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
UNIQUE KEY `var_id` (`var_id`,`questionnaire_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;
INSERT INTO remote_sample_var (var_id,questionnaire_id,field)
SELECT sv.var_id,qs.questionnaire_id,CASE WHEN sv.type = 6 THEN 'firstname' WHEN sv.type = 7 THEN 'lastname' WHEN sv.type = 8 THEN 'email' WHEN sv.type = 9 THEN 'token' END
FROM questionnaire_sample as qs
JOIN sample_import_var_restrict as sv ON (sv.sample_import_id = qs.sample_import_id AND sv.type IN (6,7,8,9));
- Rename the queXS 2.0.x directory
- Extract quexs-2.1.0 to a new directory on your web server
- Rename the new directory to the same as the existing installation was originally
- Copy the config.inc.local.php file from the queXS 2.0.x installation to this directory