queXS 2.3.0 removes a limitation where you could not specify a token in a sample file that was the same as an existing token in the queXS database. Now you can upload a sample that contains a token that has been "used" by queXS before. This allows for you to create new sample lists for following up existing participants where you want to manage the sample externally to queXS.
An additional feature is a new tab being available for interviewers (can enable by setting TAB_SEARCHSAMPLE to "true" in config.inc.local.php) to be able to search through all fields that are set to "visible" in samples assigned to them, to be able to assign themselves to an existing case. This can be used where inbound calls may occur.
Read on for more details including how to upgrade (Please note: Database changes required)
Upgrading from queXS 2.2.x
- Browse to the queXS administration page
- Click on "Start and monitor system wide case sorting"
- Confirm that the sorting process is stopped
- Click on "Start and monitor VoIP"
- Confirm that the VoIP process is stopped
- IMPORTANT: Backup your database and files
- Run the following SQL commands on the queXS database:
alter table `case` drop index token;
alter table `case` add index (`token`);
- Rename the queXS directory
- Extract quexs-2.3.0 to a new directory on your web server
- Rename the new directory to the same as the existing installation was originally
- Copy the config.inc.local.php file from the existing installation to this directory