queXS "easy" installation using Docker Toolbox
- Download Docker Toolbox from here: https://github.com/docker/toolbox/releases
- Install it with the default options
- Run the "Docker Quickstart Terminal" from the Desktop or Start Menu
- Note: The first time starting, it may take a little while when setting up.
- Once a terminal appears ($ sign waiting for input), type in (press enter after each line):
git clone https://github.com/adamzammit/quexs-docker.git
- Choose what edition of queXS you wish to install. For the queXS 1.x series (built in, older version of LimeSurvey, best for CATI only systems) - enter in:
git checkout production. For the queXS 2.x series (can use the latest LimeSurvey, installed separately best for dual CATI/Web studies) enter in
git checkout remotelime
docker-compose up -d
- This will download and run queXS inside Docker (this will take a few minutes the first time).
- Once complete - you can access queXS by visiting: http://192.168.99.100:8080/ in your browser
- The default username is: admin
- The default password is: password
- Note: if you decide that you have installed the wrong edition of queXS and wish to change - enter in the following:
docker-compose down then go back to the step "Choose what edition of queXS you wish to install..."